Spectrum Community School Alumni Association was created in the Spring of 2014. A group of directors developed a constitution and a set of purposes which were registered and have been approved by the provincial government.
Below are the purposes of the Spectrum Alumni Association.
– to initiate projects which enhance the role of Spectrum in the community and support heritage efforts to maintain and share school history;
– to support and undertake class and school reunions and other milestone events which celebrate the school, its students, and the alumni;
– to communicate with Spectrum Alumni for the purposes of keeping them informed about the current activities of the school and providing a means for them to communicate with each other;
– to provide assistance to the school and its students through the granting of scholarships and bursaries and to support academic, fine arts, athletic, and vocational activities by offering the skills and expertise of alumni to enrich school programs; and
– to support fundraising activities and collect monies which generate tax receipts so that funds may be invested and spent for purposes beneficial to the school.
Here is a link to Brian’s annual report for 2017-2018.
The Current Alumni Association Directors are:
Brian is a former teacher at Spectrum from 1976 until his retirement in 2008.
Dave is a former student, graduating in 1981.
Alan is a current Teacher and Librarian Spectrum Community School.
Sharoyne is a former Vice-Principal of Spectrum Community School, currently retired.
Phil is a former Spectrum teacher and U-Vic faculty of Education Administrator.
Judy is a retired former principal.
Denis is a former Spectrum teacher and district principal and now runs leadership workshops.
Marcus is a former student, graduating in 2011. Marcus is currently on sabbatical.